Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mary...


On Tuesday afternoon I sent James out to feed the chickens the leftovers I had sitting on the counter. I usually put them in a bucket of some sort but they were still on a dinner plate. It wasn't long when James came running in saying Mary cut her hand real bad and it needs stitches. I quickly went out back to check on her. She was calmly walking to me saying I am okay, she was holding her cut hand with the other hand and when she said I just don't want stitches she broke down and started crying I was confused, "does it hurt?" she replied, "a little I just don't want stitches". It was hard to hold back a smile.

She was bringing the plate back into the house and tripped. The plate hit a rock and split into three pieces. She fell onto the plate with her hand and it of course cut her hand pretty good.

We took her into the Doctor and they soaked and cleaned it up. When they looked at it he said it needed stitches. Up until that point I had convinced her that it probably wouldn't but there was no consoling her after he said that. She was so upset and afraid it was going to hurt so much.

Long story short after it was numb and he started to stitch she realized she couldn't feel a thing so then she started talking. At first they seemed oblivious to it but after a few minutes they worried if she was okay because she hadn't stopped for a breath, I just smiled and said that this is my Mary. At the end they commented on her being the best patient of the day and looked forward to her follow up. She had me laughing because she wished I had filmed the entire thing. I think she forgot how hard I had been trying to keep her cooperating for the doctor.

She is doing much better now and it seems to be healing up nicely!! Harper took these of her this morning so I could share her story. She has been the envy of her siblings because she has "Stitches".






She said she would try not to trip anymore, she is too cute!!!
Like you trip on purpose!

4 comments:

  1. Ewww, Yuk! Gabby cut her finger last year and had to get 8 stitches in the pad of one finger. I couldn't look, or watch. After the pain of the shot being injected right into the wound, she watched the whole thing with interest. Glad she's okay. Poor girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens for local anesthetic :) It looks like a pretty good gash! It will leave a scar, huh? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a girl! She handled it a lot better than I would of! Ohh..how I miss those kids. They give the best hugs! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete